This course is designed to emphasize the importance and benefits of reading in the early stages of a child’s development. Participants will explore how reading nurtures essential life skills, promotes child development, and fosters a lifelong love for learning. The course will provide practical strategies and techniques for reading with young children, creating a joyful reading experience, and building a strong foundation for literacy.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and benefits of reading in the early years, including its impact on child development and academic success.
- Implement effective strategies for reading with young children, fostering a joyful and engaging reading experience.
- Create a literacy-rich environment at home or in educational settings to support early literacy development.
- Recognize and respond to the individual needs and interests of children at different stages of reading readiness, from early emergent to fluent readers.
- Promote creativity, imagination, and critical thinking skills through reading activities and support children in building a lifelong love for reading.
Mona Jalees has been associated with the feild of education since 15 years. Currently she is working as a Principal in a reputable educational institute and as a freelance Curriculum Developer for schools. She conducts online and on-site sessions, is associated as a Facilitator with different organizations ie Noor-ul-Huda Foundation & PEDA, and Project Lead at Taleemi Hub. She has a vast experience in EY curriculum designing, School Improvement Plan and in dealing with students with learning disorders. Mona is also working as a storyteller in collaboration with Chugtai Lab Education Services and Alif Laila bus society.