Short description: Considered as the main resource for students, the teacher’s main responsibility is to nurture a child’s intellectual and emotional needs. This workshop will highlight Counseling techniques which enable teachers to observes students in diverse contexts, supervise them better and evaluate their behaviour which consequently strengthens the student-teacher relationship.
Learning outcomes: In this workshop, the participants will:
- Explore the different roles that teachers play in the classroom
- Identify the root causes of student problems and misbehavior
- Discover the components of counseling
- Identify the characteristics of a counselor and use them to improve the classroom experience.
- Use counseling strategies to improve student behavior in and out of the classroom
Hajra M. Saleem is an affable and assertive young individual who is passionate about training and motivational speaking. She is a Gold Medalist from University Of Karachi with a Master’s degree in Educational Psychology and a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from London Teachers Training College. Hajra is affiliated with EDLAB Pakistan as an Educational Resource Developer and Trainer. She strives to hone pedagogy skills in teachers through training and designing professional development resources including gamification, storytelling, lesson planning, counseling, creative writing and interpersonal skills etc.